Below is how I voted in this week’s OC Top 10 poll.
1. Huntington Beach: Until someone can beat
them, they’re at the top. Oilers are deep and talented at the positions they
need to be. Best team in OC.
2. Orange Lutheran: Lancers offense took a big
jump last week and they’ll look to maintain that this week at the NHSI in North
3. Beckman: The Patriots are the best team no
one is talking about. Big time matchup tomorrow against CdM will define a clear
leader in the always tough Pacific Coast League.
4. Mission Viejo: The Diablos are as good as
it gets and can compete with anybody. Tanner Bibee is a bona fide ace and the
offense is hitting its stride in time for league play.
5. Servite: This week will tell us a lot about
the Friars as they face off against JSerra. Coach Gilbert likes this team and
he has good reason to…they’re good!
6. Foothill: The Knights are quietly putting
together a good season. A minor hiccup last week against El Modena won’t be
held against them.
7. JSerra: The Lions got a big sweep of
Valencia last weekend and look to ride that momentum into their series with
Servite. Early momentum in the Trinity League is always a good thing.
8. Mater Dei: The Monarchs lost a pair against
El Toro last week, but it is my belief that this team is worthy of Top 10
status. Jonathan Schiffer is playing at a very high level for Coach Call.
9. El Dorado: Coach Matt Lucas has a lot of
talent on this roster and it starts, for me, with Kyle Luckham who is getting
it done on the mound and at the plate.
10. Sage Hill: Coach Dominic Campeau is one of
the best coaches in OC. The Lightning are beginning to produce Division I
talent (Connor Bock last year, Eddie Pelc this year) which may prompt a shift
in divisions soon.